Friday 31 May 2013

"House of many ways" by Diana Wynne Jones


"House of many ways" is the sequel to "Howls moving castle". It's a kids book at it's good enough for children I guess.

I was however quite disappointed with this book. I enjoyed "Howls moving castle" very much which is why I got the sequel in the first place. But "House of many ways" didn't have the same charms as Howl did.

First of all the main characters in Howl became secondary characters and news characters were introduced. I had been looking forward to seeing the old characters so this was quite disappointing I have to say.

Then there's the fact that I found the story to be paced far too fast. There was no time to digest any of the information before brand new information was thrown at your face.

And last of all the plot wasn't as interesting as the plot in Howl, and the magic in it wasn't half as charming and as lovely to imagine.

So all in all the plot wasn't a bad plot, and the story wasn't a bad story, it's just that "House of many ways" didn't live up to its predecessor.

I didn't hate this book. But I didn't love it or enjoy it all that much either. I much preferred "Howl's moving castle".

No comments:

Post a Comment