Monday 22 July 2013

"Making Money" by Terry Pratchett


The Discworld series is one of my all time most favourite book series, and it has been for a while. I've been reading Terry Pratchett books since I was nine years old, and they just keep getting better and better every time I reread them.

I'm not sure how many times I've read "Making Money". I've read it more than once that's for sure. It's one of my favourite Discworld novels.

"Making Money" is the sequel to "Going Postal" (also brilliant by the way), but you don't need to have read the first book to understand or enjoy it.

The main characters name is Moist Von Lipwig (not joking, that's his actual name), and he is a criminal turned respectable gentleman. In "Making Money" he is given the job if restoring the city's bank to it's former glory, so that the city's leader, that is to say tyrant, can borrow some money to modernise the city.

Thus begins a hilarious chain of events.

There's also a few very well developed side plots, that are eventually very important for the development of the main plot.

Really though it is a wonderful story. The plot is great, the humour is fantastic, and the pacing is spot on. Terry Pratchett is one of my very favourite actors and so far he has completely failed to disappoint me, for which I am eternally grateful.

So please read this. Please do. It's wonderful it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment