Sunday 17 February 2013

"The fault in our stars" by John Green


I got "The fault in our stars" yesterday in the post and I finished it yesterday after reading through it in one obsessive go.

So yeah I liked it.

I cried though. So if you like crying because of fictional characters then read this book. And if you don't well read this book anyway. It's worth it.

Why all the crying? Well to say it in a completely spoiler free way it's about kids with cancer. There. Now without even knowing what happens, or who the characters are you already know that crying will be involved for a complete legitimate and reasonable reason.

But really this story is about a young girl called Hazel Grace who falls in love. And it's lovely it really is. It's very sweet, and simple, and sad.

It's also very real, and by that I mean that there's no scenes with a balcony and a guitar. It's more like "Oh I think you're really hot and I enjoy talking to you wanna hang out yeah awesome cool". And yet it's still somehow really sweet and and kind of romantic. How the fuck did you do that John Green? Seriously though. How?

And even though it's a love story, and a sad story about kids with cancer, this book also manages to be quite funny, with witty sarcastic characters (those are my favourite kind).

So all that babbling to say please read this. It's good I swear. Also you have read this and you did enjoy it (or didn't cause that does happen) then you are awesome! Reading is life, and I have to say it's really awesome to find a book that I can read in one sitting without getting distracted by tv shows. There's nothing better than a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment