Tuesday 19 March 2013

"Murder on the Orient express" by Agatha Christie


I don't usually read mystery crime novels, but when I was at my grandmothers she gave me this. And I though to myself ''hey its a classic! And Mam (my grandmother) gave it to you''!
So I read it. Obviously.

It was ok. I don't think it was extraordinary though.

A lot of people will have read this book, because it's been here for a while. Which is why I'm not sure what to say about it. And seeing as it's a murder mystery I don't want to spoil it for anyone who has.

So basics only.

The main character is a detective, and his name is Hercule Poirot. He's from Belgium. And he's... smart. He's a really good, really famous detective. He speaks I don't even know how many languages, I mean in this book alone he spoke English, French and German at least.

And he's just solved a mystery so he's on his way back to England (cause that's where he works apparently) and he takes the Orient express, a train that crosses Europe. Everything is going well, he's in first class, he's got a pal to keep him company.

And then a murder happens. Obviously.

So he gets asked to investigate, and he does and eventually he figures out who did it even though the plot of the murder really is ridiculously convoluted.

I'm not sure why I didn't appreciate this book all that much. Maybe it was too slow, maybe the plot didn't intrigue me enough. Or maybe I just don't appreciate the genre enough.

But if you like murder mysteries go ahead I'm you you'll like it better than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment