Wednesday 4 September 2013

"When will there be good news?" by kate Atkinson


I very rarely read books like this, not because I don't think they're any good but because they're just not my favourite kind of genre. They just don't interest me that much.

This novel was given to me by the mother of my best friend and the other day I decided that I might as well give it a shot.

I didn't like it very much. It wasn't a bad book, I just didn't find it very original. It was a bit bland to be honest.

Bad thing happens to nice person, years go by, bad thing resurfaces...
The person has tried to move on, and has made a life for themselves, and the newest person to come in to that persons life just wants to help.
And then the people who are working to help (i.e. the police) have relationship issues to do with their career, and it's all just so very predictable.

I don't want to make it seem like this was a dreadful book because it wasn't. Some of the characters were really cool, and all of them, even the more boring ones, were very well developed, and the back stories weren't all dull.

If you're into crime novels you'd probably like it I guess. Maybe I just don't like the genre, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment